Peanut butter cookies are classic, and these are made even better with the addition of peanut butter chips!
These cookies are slightly softer than the regular peanut butter variety and still have that amazing salty-sweet crunch.
If you have a hard time finding peanut butter chips, you could easily add in chocolate chips, chopped peanut butter cups, or even m&ms.
- ¾ cups (1 ½ sticks) butter, softened
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter chips*
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2. In the bowl of a standing mixer, whip butters and sugars together. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Lower the speed and add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Fold in the peanut butter chips.
- 3. Scoop out large cookies (2-3 tablespoons), roll them in the palms of your hands, place on the baking sheet and flatten slightly. Keep at least 2 inches of space between each cookie. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- *Note: you can use peanut butter chips or chocolate chips or whatever you find/have on hand!