These Michigan winter days have still been pretty cold, so a light, warm, delicious soup makes for a perfectly relaxing dinner.
In this picture tutorial, you can learn how to make the perfect pasta and tomato soup.
First, coat a saucepan with olive oil and place tomatoes, onion, and celery in the pan. Heat on low heat over the stove for about 45 minutes.
Once cooked, you’ll use either a food processor or hand blender to puree the mixture.
After that, you’ll strain the mixture so that it’s nice and smooth.
Next, you’ll add chicken stock and cook the pasta. Now the soup is ready to serve! Garnish with a bit of parsley.
Tomato Pasta Soup
Write a review
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 celery stick, coarsely chopped
- generous 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 oz / 55g dried soup pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped flat-leaf parsley to garnish
- 1. Place the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Put the tomatoes, onion, and celery in the pan and place over low heat, with a lid on top. Allow to cook for about 45 minutes, occasionally shaking the pot gently.
- 2. Once cooked, mash the mixture either using a hand blender or a food processor. Next, strain the mixture and place back in the saucepan. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the pasta, bring the mixture to a boil again. Cook until the pasta is tender, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the salt and pepper.
- 3. Serve with a small handful of parsley
Jackie's Delectable Delights https://jackiesdelights.net/
Leave a Reply