This past weekend I was experimenting with my new-to-me ice cream maker that I bought a couple weeks ago at a garage sale. I wanted to make something you can’t normally buy at a grocery store, so I opted for frozen yogurt, since it’s harder to come by. Because this was my first time, I made a bit more than I intended to, but this recipe can easily be halved. Or, if you also want to make a large batch, I’m sure that this will not be hard to finish, due to its out-of-this-world deliciousness!
Also, if you don’t have an ice cream maker but would still like to try making this recipe at home, it is possible, just read the recipe for instructions!
First, you’ll whisk together just a cup of heavy cream with a cup of powdered chocolate.
Next, add the yogurt and milk. Whisk until combined.
Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Enjoy your healthy, chocolatey frozen treat!
Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
Write a review
- 4 cups Greek yogurt
- 4 cups 2% or whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate powder
- 3 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1. In a standing mixer, whip together the heavy cream and chocolate powder until light and fluffy.
- 2. Add the Greek yogurt, milk, and sugar. Continue to whip until combined.
- 3. Place ingredients in your ice cream maker and prepare using manufacturer’s directions.
- 4. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, what you can do is freeze your yogurt, then every 45 minutes whip the mixture to make it airy. Continue to do so until almost frozen.
Jackie's Delectable Delights http://jackiesdelights.net/