These were simply amazing cookies that were quickly eaten by all.
What I really liked about them is that they aren’t too sweet, so the cranberry and white chocolate pieces are never overpowered.
Then the oatmeal and macadamia nuts give an added crunchiness to these delicious treats.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup minus 2 tbps brown sugar
- ½ cup minus 2 tbps granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cups steel-cut oats*
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Cream the butter and sugars. Add the vanilla and egg.
- 2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture.
- 3. Add in the cranberries, chocolate, and oats.
- 4. Drop the cookies onto a baking sheet. For bite-sized cookies, 2 teaspoons are good. For larger cookies, do 2 tablespoons. For smaller cookies, bake for 8-10 minutes. For the larger cookies, bake for 12-15 minutes.
- *another option is to replace the oats with macadamia nuts, or add ½ cup oats and ½ cup macadamia nuts