If you’re going to a picnic, potluck, or barbeque, these snickerdoodles are a simple crowd-pleaser that everyone will enjoy.
If you’ve never had snickerdoodles, try them out: they’re like sugar cookies with a touch of cinnamon and just a bit of salt.
First, mix the dough. Depending on how soft your butter was, you may need to refrigerate it for about half an hour to make the cookies easier to scoop.
In a bowl of cinnamon and sugar, roll each ball of cookie dough.
Place on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Write a review
- 2 1/4 cups (11 1/4 oz.) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened but still cool
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, plus 1/4 cup for rolling dough
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon, for rolling dough
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
- 2. In a medium sized bowl, mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and vegetable shortening until light and fluffy. Add in sugar. Add eggs.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar. Scoop your cookie dough and roll in the sugar mixture.
- 4. Place in the over for 9-11 minutes.
Jackie's Delectable Delights https://jackiesdelights.net/