Peanut butter and chocolate are perfectly matched in this amazing little cookie.
I used chunky peanut butter for my cookies, giving them a distinctive, nutty crunch.
To top it off, I used Hershey kisses that each had an almond in the middle. This was a great touch because sometimes those kisses can be a bit too sweet, so the almond nicely balances it out. Another option would be to use dark chocolate kisses.
No matter what you choose, I can assure you that, with this recipe, these cookies will turn out amazing.
- About 36-48 Hershey Kisses
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- turbinado sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F. In a medium bowl, beat shortening, peanut butter, and sugars together. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 2. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in a bowl of turbinado sugar. Place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3. While the cookies are baking, unwrap the chocolate kisses and get them ready to place on top of each cookie. Take the cookies out of the oven, let cool for a minute or so, then place the kiss on top of the cookie. Don’t movie the cookies around too much, because then the kiss might melt and lose its shape. Place in the fridge or freezer if you want the chocolate to cool quickly. Cookies will appear cracked.