If you’re looking for a tasty twist on the classic vanilla cake, this oreo cake recipe is definitely the way to go.
I made this cake on Halloween, hence the orange, white and black sprinkles. You can just top your cake with oreo crumbles, or simply cover it with icing to keep the inside a surprise.
- • 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- • 1 ½ cup sugar
- • 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- • 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- • 1 tsp. baking powder
- • ½ tsp. salt
- • 1 cup milk
- • 20 regular Oreo cookies or 15 double-stuffed Oreos, crushed
- • 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- • 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- • 2-3 cups confectioner’s sugar (depending on how sweet you want the icing)
- • Another 10 Oreo cookies
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease or butter two 8-inch cake rounds.
- 2. Whisk butter and sugar together. Add vanilla and egg whites. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixture. Once combined, add the crushed Oreos to the mix. Divide the batter between two 8-inch rounds. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- 3. While the cake is baking, start to make the cream cheese frosting. Whisk together the butter and cream cheese. Once that is thoroughly whipped, add sugar one cup at a time. When the cake has cooled and is ready to be frosted, frost the cake as you normally would but in between the two layers of cake add a layer of Oreo crumbles.