These are by far the easiest chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. You don’t need a mixer to cream the butter, you don’t need to use two types of sugar — you don’t even need a bowl to mix the dough! All you need is a small saucepan, a spoon, and (optionally) a whisk.
They are simple, fast and easy to prepare, plus the warm cookie dough is verrryy addictive!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking power
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips, plus extra to top
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- 2. Melt the butter over medium heat in a medium-sized saucepan. Allow the butter to brown slightly. Remove from heat.
- 3. Whisk the brown sugar into the butter. Add the vanilla. Now, with a wooden spoon, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the eggs.
- 4. Now, right when you are ready to bake the cookies, mix in the chocolate chips. You can only mix the chocolate chips in once, so do it right! Once the chocolate starts to melt, you can’t mix them any more.
- 5. Scoop heaping tablespoons of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until cookies just look crisp on the outside.