These cookies are super light and crispy, with a touch of lemon. They’re great if you want just a light treat, or if you happen to not be a chocolate-lover. The recipe that follows won’t leave you disappointed!
The cookie before baked, coated with a delicious layer of turbinado sugar.
After baked, these spread out quite a bit, but that’s just what makes them so light a delicious.
Write a review
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup turbinado sugar, for rolling
- 1. Sift flour and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- 2. In the bowl of a mixer, whip butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar, salt, vanilla, and lemon zest. Add in flour mixture.
- 3. The next step can be done in one of two ways: chilling the dough in a bowl and scooping it onto your baking sheets with a cookie scoop. The other option is to roll the dough into two logs, each 8 inches long and about 1 ½ inches thick. The log should be wrapped in parchment paper and chilled thoroughly (about 4 hours).
- 4. Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 5. If using the log method, roll each log in the turbinado sugar, then cut about ¼ - ½ inch thick. If using the cookie scoop method, scoop each cookie and coat the top with sugar.
- 6. Bake each sheet for 12-15 minutes, rotating halfway through.
Jackie's Delectable Delights https://jackiesdelights.net/
Leave a Reply