It’s a super simple strawberry mint limeade, made with only 5 ingredients. You can adjust the sweetness to your taste, and you don’t have to use strawberries — use any berries you have on hand, or even watermelon. Don’t skip the mint though, because that’s what makes this drink amazing! Plus, mint is good for your immunity and good for digestion.
When I studied abroad in Costa Rica, my host mother made me all kinds of aguas frescas, or juices made with fresh fruit. She made a simple mint limeade and it was my absolute favorite! I still make plain limeade plenty, but the strawberry adds an extra layer of summery sweetness.
- 1/2 cup lime juice (4 medium-sized limes)
- 1 cup strawberries, trimmed
- 2 sprigs of mint (about 10 mint leaves)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of ice
- 10 cups of water
- Fill a blender with the lime juice, strawberries, mint, sugar, ice, and 3-4 cups of water. Blend until the mint resembles fine grains. Transfer to a larger container and add the rest of the water. Add more ice if you like. Serve and enjoy!
- You can use more or less sugar, depending on your tastes.