Chocolate banana bread with dark chocolate chunks! This banana bread is lightly sweetened with brown sugar, which nicely complements the natural sweetness of both the cinnamon and cacao powder.
Kiva’s cacao powder is deliciously rich and minimally processed, allowing you to have the full nutritional benefits and flavors of the cacao.
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (218g)
* 1/2 cup cacao powder (45g)
* 1 tbsp baking powder
* 2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
* ½ tsp salt
* 2 mashed bananas (about 1 cup)
* ½ cup butter, melted (113g)
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup yogurt (120g)
* 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp packed brown sugar (125g)
* 2 large eggs, room temperature
* 1 cup dark chocolate (100g or 3.5oz)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cacao powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the butter, vanilla, yogurt, brown sugar, and eggs and whisk together. With a spatula, fold in the dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate.
4. Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake for about 65 minutes.
*This post was sponsored by Kiva. All opinions are my own. Purchase from Kiva using the code JACKIESBAKES for 10% off!