This is a simple, light, and delicious apple cake. It’s pretty basic, to make and to taste, but the fruity flavors of lemon, apricot, and apple combine perfectly to liven the cake up.
This cake is definitely a crowd-pleaser, so bring this to your next event and watch it disappear!
- 110-125 g butter (about 1 stick)
- 124 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 200 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 500-700 g apples, peeled, cored, and cut in quarters and into slices (as pictured)
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or butter an 8-inch round.
- 2. Whip butter and sugar together. Add eggs, sugar, and lemon juice. In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Combine the flour and butter mixtures. Add milk. Place dough in cake form. Neatly place apples on top. Place in the oven and cook for about 50 minutes.
- 3. Once the cake is done cooking, immediately cover it with the apricot finish.
- This recipe is measured in grams, so if you have a kitchen scale, this is great. If not, there are tons of calculators online to help convert grams to cups. For the apples, maybe about 4 or 5 would work.