From the sugary almond dough to the smooth sweet jelly in between, and even the thin layer of powdered sugar on top – these cookies are quick to be eaten fast.
Almond Linzer Cookies
Write a review
- 14 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups finely ground hazelnuts or almonds
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 ounces jam (lemon or raspberry are great)
- Powdered sugar
- 1. Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in egg, lemon, and vanilla. Add hazelnuts or almond.
- 2. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, corn starch, baking powder, and cinnamon. Combine the two mixtures. Chill for about an hour.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 350F. Roll out the dough on a clean surface to about 1/8 inch in thickness. Use desired cookie cutters to shape the cookies. Bake on cookie sheet for 10 to 12 minutes.
- 4. Heat the jelly on the stove until it simmers. Place the hot jelly between two cookies, using it as glue. If you cut a hole in the center of your upper cookie, place extra jelly in the hole (as pictured).
Jackie's Delectable Delights https://jackiesdelights.net/