These classic holiday cookies have always been one of my favorites.
From the sugary almond dough to the smooth sweet jelly in between, and even the thin layer of powdered sugar on top – these cookies are quick to be eaten fast.
Almond Linzer Cookies
Write a review
- 14 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups finely ground hazelnuts or almonds
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 ounces jam (lemon or raspberry are great)
- Powdered sugar
- 1. Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in egg, lemon, and vanilla. Add hazelnuts or almond.
- 2. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, corn starch, baking powder, and cinnamon. Combine the two mixtures. Chill for about an hour.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 350F. Roll out the dough on a clean surface to about 1/8 inch in thickness. Use desired cookie cutters to shape the cookies. Bake on cookie sheet for 10 to 12 minutes.
- 4. Heat the jelly on the stove until it simmers. Place the hot jelly between two cookies, using it as glue. If you cut a hole in the center of your upper cookie, place extra jelly in the hole (as pictured).
Jackie's Delectable Delights https://jackiesdelights.net/
Leave a Reply