Therefore, these muffins were quite a hit. They’re very simple muffins with a pinch of zest and a bit of juice. And, of course, you have the option to spice this recipe up a bit: use blood oranges instead of regular, and add 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- zest and juice of 2 oranges
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cups sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- turbinado sugar, to top
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line muffin trays with paper liners or oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix together the sugar and orange zest until it resembles wet sand. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, orange juice, eggs, vanilla, softened butter and orange sugar until creamy. Slowly add the flour mixture.
- Pour batter into muffin tins until ¾ full. Sprinkle tops with turbinado sugar. Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes.
Adapted from: For the love of cooking