A while ago I posted this fettuccine alfredo recipe, but I made it again and felt that it needed something more; it just didn’t have the right texture for me. So I came up with this creamy fettuccine recipe, and I think the name pretty much speaks for itself.
Cream, parmesan, and just a little bit of ham, this is a perfectly balanced fettuccine recipe. It tastes light despite the ingredients and is quickly gobbled up as soon as anyone gets just a tiny taste of this deliciousness.
This is also a pretty simple one-pot recipe that’s easy to fix up when you want a relatively quick dinner.
- ½ stick butter (4 tablepsoons)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk (2% or whole)
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced ham, cooked
- 1 package fettuccine pasta
- 1. Cook and drain your fettuccine pasta.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt butter and cream cheese. Add heavy cream and milk and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the parmesan cheese and mix until melted. Add ham, salt and pepper.
- 3. Pour the pasta into the pot with sauce and mix. Fettuccine is ready to serve.