If you’re looking for a quick, easy, sweet (and healthy!) breakfast treat, these blueberry muffins are just the thing for you!
The batter will be quite thick, but don’t worry, that’s part of what makes these things so good!
Fill your muffin pans (I was able to make 15 muffins) about 3/4 full.
Make sure you top each muffin with just a dash of turbinado sugar.
Look at how the sugar glistens on these things!
These muffins are best served warm.
Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
Write a review
- 7 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- ½ cup sour cream or yogurt
- ½ cup 2% or whole milk
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- about 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Prepare a muffin pan or two with 15 paper liners.
- 2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, sour cream, milk, and lemon.
- 3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the wet ingredients.
- 4. Fold in the blueberries. Dough will be thick. Fill the muffin pan; each muffin cup should be about ¾ full. Sprinkle each with turbinado sugar. Bake for 22-27 minutes.
Jackie's Delectable Delights http://jackiesdelights.net/